Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Abandoning "For The Win," Picking up "The Hand That Bears The Sword."

I've lost interest in For the Win, it didn't really interest me after reading the first 40 pages or so.
However, I've had a book in my bag for two or three years now.The Hand That Bears The Sword, by Bryan Polivka It takes place in a different universe than ours, but comparatively, in the age of sail. It's the second book in the Trophy Chase Trilogy, I haven't read the first, but it isn't necessary to understand the plot line. It' classified as Historical Fiction, as it takes place in what we call the age of piracy. Its audience is young adults, judging by use of the word "lecherous," which tells me there will possibly be some romance scenes. I hope I enjoy this one better than I did For the Win!

4 comments:

  1. Is this book science fiction, since it takes place in another universe? I really enjoy books like this because, since its classification as historical fiction, it should very believable, yet not on our earth. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long was the book in total? I just want to make sure you gave your old book a fair chance. Have a great time reading your new book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It [The Hand that Bears the Sword] was about 450 pages. I don't know how long "For the Win" was, but I knew it wasn't going to be that good of a book for myself about 40 pages in.

      Delete