Monday, March 3, 2014
Hello! And Welcome to my Blog!
I'm only starting this for a school project, but I feel like I could have fun with this. The first thing I shall pull out of my Big Bag of Books, AKA the Library, is For The Win by Cory Doctorow. It's in the Sci-Fi genre, taking place in the near future. I have to prior knowledge about Doctorow, but I have read, and watched, a lot of Sci-Fi; it's one of my favorite genres. The book's "blurb" is a bit confusing, but it gets the main idea across. Taking place in the near future, most industry seems to take place online, creating "Gold" which is then sold to gamers in exchange for real money, which then goes back to the hard, gold-creating process. I don't really know what to expect from this book, on the cover there is a few words next to the title: "Online for offline, You've got to organize, To Survive." It tells me that there is both cyber and real-world combat or arguments. It seems like an interesting read, and I'm excited for it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like the name of your blog; it's very clever XD Anyway, I don't really read books in the genre of science-fiction. Is it a recommendable genre? I am having some difficulty in finding books to read :( Either way, I look forward to reading your upcoming posts and commenting on them, because... well, it's required.
ReplyDeleteThe Drama King: "I didn't sign up for this! Who do they think they are, forcing dozens of little innocent children to do their evil bidding? Those tyrants threatened us that if we don't force words out of our mouths - er, onto a screen - they'll steal our points! The horror, that's the worst threat of all! Not the points - no! School's the biggest game and I can't reach the high score! NOOOO! Losing points so we get bad grades and the colleges won't accept us and we'll be forced to work at McDonald's for the minimum wage and bum out for the rest of our life! They're taking our future away with this simple action of docking points! AAAAAHHHHH!"
I enjoy science fiction, mostly because of how many sub-genres there are with in, and on how many different ways you can access it. There's reading, TV/Movies, heck, there are plenty of video games that use the genre.
DeleteTj, this seems like the book just for you! Your a gamer, and the book relates to gamers. I think the plot if interesting, but it is a bit confusing. Oh well, have fun reading!
ReplyDeleteI think your blog title is cool and it's really awesome that you made your own theme! :D
ReplyDeleteThis books sounds interesting, and I like sci-fi too so I might consider reading it soon. The plot sounds really cool, and I hope you had fun reading it!